What is Echo
Echo project is an initiative focused on research and development of a new advanced blockchain platform, which can be used as a conceptual foundation and environment for a wide range of smartcontract-based applications and services. Echo pursues a goal of becoming an advanced smart economy environment. Another major aim of Echo is to become a solid inter-blockchain platform, which would allow easy interactions with secondary and external blockchains.
Echo platform provides the following key features to achieve these goals:
- The new model of organization and functioning of the network aiming to boost system-wide performance and reduce transaction processing cost without loss of its distributed and decentralized nature, referred to as Distributed Decentralized Proof-Of-Stake.
- Innovative virtual machine based on the idea of reverse virtualization to bring advanced well-developed and well-supported smart contract development ecosystem without loss of performance of smart contracts execution.
- Support of vertical and horizontal integration with other blockchains through SideChain technology.
- Advanced account management system.
- Support of Smart Contracts implemented using Solidity.
Echo is developed using Graphene with integrated Ethereum Virtual Machine as a framework into which new features were carefully integrated.